1. Don’t look anyone in the eye. Just trust me on this one.
2. Don’t dress to impress. Seriously, wearing sweatpants is sometimes taking things too far. If you dress even remotely nice, you will single yourself out. (Also, wearing a blue shirt is never a good idea.
3. Always use self-checkouts. Follow this rule religiously; unless you buy produce, in which case you get to be one of the lucky ones who get to wait in line for at least 20 minutes in one of their three open checkout lanes.
4. Go in expecting to contract something. Whether it’s stupidity or a disease, you will walk away with something. This goes hand-in-hand with never using their carts or baskets. If you can’t carry everything you need, you probably don’t need it that bad.
5. Expect culture shock. Think your town/city doesn’t have ‘culture’? Spend ten minutes at your local…
View original post 251 more words